- Lifetime: (1102 – September 10, 1167)
- Never crowned as Queen of England
- Born: Queen Matilda was born in 1102, her exact date of birth is unknown
- Close family connections or relatives: She was the daughter of King Henry I of England. The cousin of Stephen de Blois ( King Stephen ) who seized the English throne
- Date succeeded to the throne of England: Succeeded to the English throne following the death of her father, King Henry I but was never crowned as Queen of England
- Married: First married the German Henry V, the Holy Roman Emperor. Second husband was Geoffrey of Anjou
- Children: Matilda had three sons by Geoffrey of Anjou. Her eldest son was Henry (later, King Henry II of England), her second son was Geoffrey, Count of Nantes and her youngest son was called William.
- Date when Queen Matilda died: 10 September 1167
- Death of Queen Matilda: Matilda died at Rouen in France. Buried in Rouen Cathedral; her epitaph reads: "Here lies the daughter, wife, and mother of Henry."
- Character of Queen Matilda: Proud, haughty, disagreeable and ill-tempered
- Accomplishments and Achievements or why Queen Matilda was famous: The only woman to assume the throne of England during the Medieval times of the Middle Ages
The story and biography of Queen Matilda which contains interesting information, facts & the history about the life of Queen Matilda
Timeline of Queen Matilda